Friday, March 20, 2009

EUREKA!!! DID WE FIND IT??????



We FINALLY broke down and put a lock on Jake's door. It is a bolt lock that twist from the outside. He can never get locked in but we can lock it from the outside. It is very safe and very simple. We lock it when we go to sleep and he calls us if he needs us. He is no longer up and running around the house by himself in the middle of the night!! After ALL my frustrating attempts at everything else, it works!! The first night he fussed about it and then nothing. That was all. He just says goodnight Mommy and goes to bed! WOW, who knew?? Now when he wakes up he calls my name and I go get him. AND for some reason, he is sleeping later too which is good for everyone. He is sleeping better and happier all day long!

SO, are we done yet!!! NO!!!!

We put a different gate that is very tall on the laundry room doorway to keep the dog back there and stop her from roaming the house with her clicking nails all night long. Guess what? It works too! Even my little senile dog is sleeping better...aaaawwwwww.

Does this mean I am done yet? NO!!!!

Ok, so this morning I got Jake up and put him in bed with me. For whatever his reasons he did not feel like today! I told him he could go back to his room and play but could not go anywhere else. He decided to not heed my instructions and instead ran off to find the dog. SOMEHOW he managed to open the little doggy door on the gate, (which by the way, was locked?) and crawl through! HE CRAWLED THROUGH the doggy door on the gate and hid in the back bathroom with the dog who started clicking all over the floor with her nails!!! UGH!

I still cannot figure out how Jake did that. Those of you who know him know he is not a small guy. He is cute and round!! LOL But he did, he wiggled his way through that doggy door and was so proud of himself too!!! Oh my gosh!!! What a character!! We really thought we had him this time!! LOL .......... Eddie and I just lost it! We laughed so hard!! But quietly so as not to let Jake know we thought it was funny. He is just too amazing! How DOES he do that?

Dear Lord,
PLEASE let Jake grow up to be an amazing and bright boy, teenager and man who uses the beautiful gifts you have given him for GOOD ONLY!!!!
Amen!

LOL!

0 comments: