Friday, April 17, 2009

THE TRUTH ABOUT TAX DAY TEA PARTY'S




At the end of this video you can see Eddie and I straight ahead in the crowd. Yes, we were there. We carried the American Flag and our signs stating that the SPENDING HAD TO STOP IN WDC.

Over the last 2 days I have watched and laughed and been really angry at the news media and their "take" or as I affectionately call it "spin" about the events of April 15th.

A while back groups of people got really angry about the so called economy stimulus bill and protested like the Colonist did back in 1773 in the Boston Harbor. Since then this idea has grown and grown.

Now I am not an activist, a politician or even a "news" blogger. I am an American citizen who is being extremely effected by what is happening in the economy in our country today. My husband lost his job last June. Since that time he has been offered 4 jobs and ALL have fallen through. He has placed almost 100 resumes with NO response. Eddie is a VERY smart and talented guy with excellent qualifications. He is willing to take a drop in pay and a start back at the bottom of his career if he needs to. Still, no job. We live on unemployment and whatever I make from my 2 businesses (Monavie & Etsy store). Where I made $200.00 to $300.00 a week part-time online, I am now lucky if I earn $25.00 a month. But I am not only speaking of us, I am talking about this entire County. Many, many families have similar stories to tell.

While our current Administration boast of "good" results from the out of control spending , thousands of people in every state are loosing jobs every month. Major corporations and long-time company's are closing their doors. This is why I braved 40-50 mile per hour winds at the ocean (Los Angeles) and a chilly 50 degree day at the beach (burrrrr) to carry my sign.

Never have I ever been counseled to spend more of my money so I could "stimulate" my personal economy. Never have I been counseled to borrow from whom ever would lend to me. Instead, I cut back. I stop services. I work harder and take whatever is offered to me. I barter and I have lot's of garage sales! That is what I ask of my government. Cut back, stop borrowing, drop unnecessary services (pork!) and take some pay cuts yourself!

Instead, they are making money! Yea, right of the press! That lowers the value of our current dollar. They attack people who have money and are doing well?? What is that about? Is that not what capitalism is all about? I say God Bless them! Keep it up! And now we have to help stop the "stink" in a state that "suffers" from the stink of pig!! Really? Unbelievable.

The media reports were a joke. Instead of thousands of people turning up, they report a "few" hundred. Instead of the TRUE protest signs, they showed the ones attacking Obama. Instead of taking us seriously, they made fun of us, called us terrorist, said we were "unwarranted" in our complaints! Nancy Pelosi said the we are not a "grass roots" movement started by everyday American people but a"astro turf" movement backed by BIG money on the "right winged" side! LOL LOL LOL Nancy, you are so wrong.

This was not started by BIG money, Fox News or talk radio. It WAS however supported by Fox News and talk radio because if you loose touch with the people, you loose your audience i.e. MSNBC.

There you have it. This is all coming from everyday American's just like me. I pray the direction and the control on spending happens quick becaus living like this is not only hard it is frightening. I have 2 boys.

Maybe we can start a prayer chain for each other where we pray everyday for businesses to grow, record numbers of people no longer unemployed and a responsible handling of our money by out government. I know if we stick together and help each other as we are all doing, things will only get better. I would love to pray for you. Leave me your request.

Until next time........

0 comments: