Saturday, July 4, 2009

IT'S ROUND-UP TIME & AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY


What a great time of year. I get to celebrate the freedom from alcohol and freedom as a citizen of this Country I love! I am passionate about both.

I have spent the last few days with friends and family at a yearly AA convention where I actually got sober. Most of these folks I only get to see once a year and others I see often. The great feeling is that we LOVE being together regardless. Freedom from bondage is surely a gift from God. I guess that is why I am so passionate about my sobriety and the blessing of being an American.

The Statue of Liberty re-opened today in New York. What a perfect day for that! I remember going about 20 years ago and just being moved beyond words at the sight of her. We live in the greatest country in the world. I try to do my part each day through prayer and example to keep this gift. I do not like the alternative for either one in my life.

I hope you all have an awesome 4th! Watch out for the seeds in the watermelon! LOL

God Bless you all and please dear Lord, God Bless this wonderful land!

0 comments: