Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Because I asked the LORD for him." 1 Samuel 1:20


I was window shopping on Etsy.com today, when I came across a seller who makes the most unusual but lovely plaques. Her seller name is redletterwords. They are 12x12 and 3/4" wide. Hang them, set them on a shelf, etc........ I became so touched by her work because it is simple but elegant. She uses Bible verses along with other text.

As I looked at all her designs, I came across one that REALLY set me back!

I Prayed for this Child and the Lord granted what I asked of Him. (1 Samuel 1:20)

WELL!!!!!!!

That hit me pretty hard. I have been whining, crying and struggling with Jake and his unwillingness to stop doing the things we ask him to stop doing. Most are about manners, etc. The biggies are what he thinks is fun to do like showering the dog, hiding her poo (my personal favorite), playing with his toys in the dining room at 3 am. Reading that verse took my breath away because, you see, I DID pray for this boy. And yes, the Lord gave him to me.

Oh how I love the word of God. It is fresh air to me all of the time. How cool is our Lord that he got my attention window shopping!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh, I love it! LOL I love my Jakey too. No one lights up a room the way he does, no one can laugh as hard or as great as he, and I love him because I prayed and my Lord granted what I asked for. Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll call soon...since I am NOT a writer :( !

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love the Word of God too! I like to knit and sometimes like chocolate. Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

Funny, funny! Love-Gianne (Didn't want to make an account...)