Wednesday, July 15, 2009

IT'S A GOOD DAY IN PARADISE!

It is finally time for our family vacation! Whew. Just in the nick of time too. EVERYONE is burned out and in need of real down time.

We have been here in one of our favorite places, Kernville, CA for 3 days. It has taken that long for me to feel just a little rested. Crazy huh? Life just gets so busy sometimes and we don't realize how burned out we are. We are not a crazy busy family because when I started homeschooling I was told that crazy busy is not healthy for our kids. I have found that to be a great truth.

Eddie & I have tried to curb Dante's need to be doing something every minute of every day. Instead, he is learning to take care not run constantly in his day-to-day life. But sometimes you just cannot help it.

We just completed a huge play Dante was in with many rehearsals and parent participation preceded by a convention that Eddie and I both are volunteers for. We love all of it but it just so happened that this was a 9 day period of non stop fun/work. Now that we are on vacation, I realized that today is the first day we are all relaxed. Even Dante finally is relaxing. Of course not so for Jake! When you are 4 you are ALWAYS very busy with things to do. Need to feed the birds, run around the backyard, go swimming every minute, play with toys, run around the backyard some more...well you get it.

The best part for me is being away from the constant need to be busy. I cannot rest at home because there is the house to be cleaned, laundry to be done, appointments to drive people to, kids, gardening, etc. But up here in Kernville, I can do all those things and still feel like I am resting? What is that about?

I love Debra and Jeff's house. It is big inside and out. There is always something to do or not. There is just beautiful birds, trees and other wild life. Of course there is the Kern River and the Lake!

I love being in God's handy work. Watching the beautiful grapevine's Jeff has growing. The bird's Debra feeds. Oh and I cannot forget the skunks and racoon's that stop by at night to just say hello.

So the bottom line is that today we have a beautiful day, in a beautiful place and a way to enjoy time together as a family. Thank you Father for this great gift and thank you Jeff and Debra. I'll keep you posted on all the fun.

It is a good day in paradise!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you! Just found your site via CSAHM. I just started this blogging adventure a few months ago, but continue to be amazed at the joy, encouragement, and faith that I find.

Keep writing, the world is reading.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Rita said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I never know if anyone really is reading, but I just keep on posting. LOL

Take care,
Rita