Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WHAT TO DO...WHAT TO DO...

We are still here in beautiful Kernville. The weather is gorgeous and HOT! My husband Eddie is busy working on his "to do" list which is the main reason we are here. Jake is continuously looking for frogs in the "frog" pond (they are ceramic but he is hoping for a real one real soon) and Dante is just bored! Ugh the teen years. I am not ready. Don't think I ever will be but they are on my "door step" now and I have to get ready.

It use to be that I could entertain Dante pretty easily. Not now. He is a great kid tho and is always fun to be with. It is just keeping him entertained seems harder than before.

Whenever we come up here we are on the go. This time there is an agenda that much be met first. How do you convince a 12 1/2 year old that helping is a fun thing? LOL

We will go off to the lake and he will swim until he drops. Boys; keep them physically active and they are happy. It is just the way God made them.

Being up here always gets me thinking about living somewhere else. I see the beauty and want to have more of that in my own life. Living in a City that is crowded and now water rationing is killing off gardens, makes me feel like cement is not my friend. But where to go? The unemployment level is rising in California and Eddie has been on so many interviews and put out so many resumes that he is getting very discouraged. I pray about it all the time. But I get disappointed too sometimes. It is hard to understand why we are still in this situation because I see God as bigger that the recession, bigger than the issues in California and bigger than the issues in the U.S. It has me thinking about leaving California to hopefully find a healthy economy in another State where we can raise our kids and live simply.

Los Angeles is over rated and over charging to live here. Since my zip code is a Los Angeles zip code, we are charged for everything! Only my relationship with Christ seems to be improving because I must lean into Him to stay strong. Some days are easier than others, but it is always where I get peace.

I hope that you and your family are surviving the problems this economy is bringing on and that you do not loose hope because without hope we have nothing. Hope is the one thing I cannot live without. I live without a lot these days and I am just fine. So are my children. Maybe that is why Dante is so bored? Have we given him too much and now that we have cut back on so much he feels lost as to know what to do? Wow, if so that is sad. Back to prayer. Prayer is my answer to everything and the ONLY tool in my tool box that has ever constantly sustained me.

When I come to Kernville I feel at peace with everything. The mighty hand of God is everywhere. The trees, the river, the lake, the birds, the animals and all the amazing blooming flowers. Getting a break from the noise, the cement and the fears I have is a huge blessing.

I know that our Father has a great plan for us. He knows everything and sees everything. I also am coming to terms with the fact that if He wanted Eddie to have a job he would have one. Until then, both Eddie and I are doing whatever work comes our way and grateful to have it. My heart goes out to anyone going through this too. I know first hand a mother's concerns for caring for her family but God is good and His promises are real. And that we CAN count on!

"And we know that all things work together for the good to them who love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose". Romans 8:28 (KJV)


2 comments:

LADY JANE said...

Lovely post! I too understand what you are saying...about prayer! I pray everyday...for little things I am sure to God...but for things that seem to be so needed...especially in my life right now! Like asking God to keep my daughter well and for her to have a healthy baby! My daughters are 30 and 27...I totally know what you are saying about how entering their teens they get bored easily...perhaps you are right...when to much has been given to children it is hard to cut back...but we have to...you have to...please do it without guilt! I say...get him back to "the old way" where children(although he is an almost young man) used to have to entertain themselves with only the things God provided...this all may sound silly....but...find some tree branches let him "whittle"...make a slingshot...give him your camera...have HIM take pics for your blog...perhaps a pic of laying on the ground looking up into a tree...These all may be silly and you may have already tried them...enjoy the rest of your vacation...relax...and maybe just the two of you can go for a walk...tell him how proud you are of him becoming such a fine young man...grab his hand and hold it for a bit...tell him it's for old time sake..as who knows the next time you are there he may be a teen! Hugs to you all!

Rita said...

Oh Jane, thank you for your wonderful words. CRYING...right now. I so love my boy. I am going to give him my camer which he would just LOVE and send him out on an adventure! What a great idea. I have wanted to go on a walk with him but the little wants to come too and that just gets so hectic that Dante ends up frustrated. I am going to go anyway.
I will pray for your daughter and the baby. Hope all is weel with you. Hugs right back to you. :)