Friday, November 27, 2009

A THANKFUL HEART


A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all! There is so much that I am grateful for in my life today. With my husband still unemployed (18 months), I have had a chance too look back and see how we got to today.

There are so many people in my life that have been our "angels" for our Heavenly Father. They have given us money randomly, dropped off bags of food periodically and prayed and loved us all the way through. I have tried to figure out why God still has us in this situation. You see, I believe in a VERY LARGE God who is bigger than the government, bigger than the economy and much bigger than everyone else. So that said, why are we still without a job? I do not have that answer yet, but I do know that our Heavenly F ather is in control of everything.

Over the last few months I have been very busy with taking care of my Mom who was hospitalized at the beginning of October. Prior to that my husband's oldest sister was very sick with cancer and we lost her in September. Needless to say, life is in session!

One-day-at-a-time we are healing and just beginning to come back to life. I put my 2 side businesses on hold and have been home mostly taking care of what needed to be done each day. Again, I could not have survived without the love and support of the people I have chosen to call Family. God may have our life on hold in one area, but he is busy at work in many others for the good.

Most of my life I have been independent of the help of others, enjoyed pitching in to help wherever I could and loved to just give things away. I never really "needed" people until now. The most amazing part of my journey is that I have had to learn to be dependent. That has been very hard for me. I never realized how much ego is involved in independence. The Lord has showered me with riches. Showered me with love. Showered me with help. My walls have been so high and so thick it was only recently that I was able to see all this. Feeling loved has never come easy for me either and when you are in a situation like ours and the people you deeply love and care about are at risk, you go into survival mode. When that happens it is so hard to feel anything else. But the Lord has melted the hard tough wall, self-willed heart through His mighty power of love.

I will be forever grateful to Dianne, Irene, Trish (just for starters!) and many others for the great love, care and support they have given to me and to my family. But most of all I will always be grateful to them for overwhelming my life and heart with their precious love.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to yours. I hope you will find the part of your life that has been touched this year and find a way to share it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
thought this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/snoopy-party-supplies.html]snoopy Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=spyware doctor 5.0.1.200 multilang ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you functioning the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for that exact make. The prices seeking the velcros are approximately 240 dollars everwhere. But completely I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the velcros were about 310 pounds on every page. But finally I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what is your opinion?